Featured Post

A Bit from a 2009 Sunset Abandoned Building Adventure...

This building is located in the county of Massac...  I had the opportunity to photograph it in 2009 on the "Laidlaw Sunset Adventu...

Giraffes and Bridges and Sunsets... Oh My! - A Downtown Paducah Photo Blog -


***

I had the opportunity over the weekend to make a spin through Downtown Paducah with a friend and take a few shots.  I love Downtown Paducah - it's such a quaint little place - very rich in history ... 

I took a few unplanned shots while crossing "the blue bridge"...
I'd give my eye teeth to get in the middle of that bridge for about 20 minutes with traffic stopped...
The two-span arch bridge is the I-24 bridge.
In the photo below you can barely see the trusses of the Metropolis Bridge (completed in 1917).
If I'm not mistaken, the smoke-stacks are Electric Energy, Inc - (Coal power plant - Joppa, IL)


***

My favorites came from Downtown Paducah though ...
 my initial intention had been to shoot the Irvin Cobb building and the steeples with the sun setting, but my chosen perch left me with a multitude of telephone poles and wires in the shot - and with the sun setting fast, I decided I would have to wait for another day to get the shot I'm after...




The absolute best shots o' the day (in my opinion) were a suggestion of my pal
and came from the Mentor House Gallery at 332 North Sixth - 



With this 
being my total FAVE of the day! 

***
~Learn more about the locations by clicking the links below~
***
See my 
Downtown Paducah 
photography
in a 'purchase-able' format at 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Follow