Featured Post

A Bit from a 2009 Sunset Abandoned Building Adventure...

This building is located in the county of Massac...  I had the opportunity to photograph it in 2009 on the "Laidlaw Sunset Adventu...

A Few Glimpses of the 2012 MCHS Homecoming Parade



I DO so enjoy Homecoming Parade Day, but I'm so sorry to say that without Willy Jak's operating at full steam as the parade rolled by, it was not quite the same as last year and years past... 

Regarding the shooting of the Homecoming Parade, before I left yesterday I sat down to go through an  external hard drive and try to figure out how many years worth of Homecoming parades I have.  If I'm not mistaken I have video and photo footage of the last four years and as I continue to get organized I'm going to pull that footage from the depths and show it to you here and at KCoJax.SmugMug.com

As for yesterday's shoot, it was a beautiful day for a parade and I've been a bit "underground", so I saw several people yesterday I hadn't seen in ages... All in all, a great day... 

Here are a few of my faves... 

I was evidently delaying a trip to "the DQ" or something
because youngest kiddo pictured here looks a little disgruntled with my presence... 


This gorgeous dahling HAD to leave the park yesterday thinking, "What was up with the crazy lady with the camera..."  She saw me just as I was about to take the shot and grinned from ear to ear...  I then went over and told her that what I was shooting was the way she looked all "Jenny in Forest Gump" standing there with her sign and her headband staring off into the abyss... So she resumed her prior stance... 
 I did something with this shot that I don't normally do and that was to "tweak the perspective and whatnot" ...
I'm self taught, so I don't know what that's technically called. :)  It didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped...
But I was taken by the upward symetry of the peak of the church, the cheerleaders arm and the flag... 
And THIS... This one might go on record as one of my favorite candid shots of all time...
Happy Faces!! Someone please let me know who this man in the red hat is... he has a wonderfully soulful face and smiling eyes and I would love to shoot him again sometime.. 

Well ... that's all I have for today, gang ... Thank you so much for stopping by to check in. You Can *Like* KCoJax Candids on Facebook
and all of this lovliness will show up right in your newsfeed... 

The photos from yesterday's parade shoot, as well as everything else on my hard drive (as I get it uploaded) is/will be available for purchase at KCoJax.SmugMug.com - You'll be able to browse by specific shoots, particular events and also you'll have a chance to pick up a canvased shot of the Metropolis Bridge or something for your foyer wall :) 

*For More on My Projects, Google KCoJax, Flawn Ocho and Ocho-rific*

Have a grand and groovy day!
Be Kind To One Another...
and Don't Text and Drive! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Follow